Search the Web

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How it all began

The idea was always there. I needed a medium to appreciate perhaps the greatest form of expression that can appeal to the widest range of viewers. Yes I am talking about cinema. Since childhood I have always been fascinated by this cultural objet d'art in motion. The sheer magnanimity of the actors, performers, the stories, the sets, the costumes, the directors, the scores and not to mention all the men behind the scenes has enthralled me. I have often asked myself ‘what is that one thing that attracts me about cinema? Is it just because of the entertainment, if yes what is that thing in this medium that entertains me. Is it just that I get to see these larger than life pictures, or is it the story with which I can identify myself, or is it the portrayal of a character at its best, or just that I enjoy to see things on screen that I cannot actually do in real life. The answer to this is no because it’s not just one thing that captivates my senses and yes as it is a combination of all the things mentioned. These questions have baffled me for a long time and yet I continued to watch what I loved the most – cinema. I firmly believe that to appreciate cinema, one does not have to be essentially , from the film fraternity. I am a plain and simple admirer of good cinema. Now this is again, a very debatable issue. What do I mean by good cinema? How do I define it? My perception of a good cinema is entirely mine and you do not have to necessarily agree with me and there lies the power of disagreement and dialogue, the essence of living with diversity in thinking. The whole purpose of creating this blog is just that!! So start firing on all cylinders folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers